Real-Time Flight Tracking Technology And Ruggedized Flat Panel displays
Clients include: Commercial airlines and operators, Defense aerospace companies
COMPLETES SALE OF FIVE STAR-A.D.S SYSTEMS TO ALMASRIA UNIVERSAL AIRLINES
- Announced that AlMasria Universal Airlines of Egypt has decided to proceed with the installation and activation of the STAR-A.D.S.® System across all five (5) of its current aircraft fleet, which includes A-320, A-321, A330 and B737 aircraft.
BOMBARDER JOINT RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- Joint research and development program with Bombardier and other industrials and universities of Canada is progressing very positively.
- The STAR-A.D.S. ® system which is at the heart of the program, after having been validated and extensively used by the aircraft manufacturer, has now been transferred to another flight test vehicle to complete the flight testing and the data collection.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES APPLICATIONS
- Star’s Land System Aided Medical Monitoring system for ground ambulance applications has undergone a series of demonstrations by a care organization in North America.
- Its airborne parent system, the In-Flight System Aided Medical Monitoring system (STAR-ISAMM™”), has now been demonstrated to several stakeholders of the commercial and civil air ambulance market.
STAR-A.D.S. ® KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA
- STAR-A.D.S. ® system, which recently earned its FAA certification, has been validated on an Airbus aircraft and is now expecting its General Authority of Civil Aviation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- The first flying system in the Gulf becomes our local ‘showcase on real-time tracking, monitoring and GADSS compliance
STAR M.M.I. ™ ASIA AND FURTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- STAR M.M.I. ™ has successfully submitted a proposal to a new Asian customer for military displays retrofit program to start this year. Clients include: Lockheed Martin, CAE , Northrop Grumman Italy
- On-board real-time monitoring and data analysis system that provides a "virtual window into an aircraft"
- As cost-effective air to ground communication system that automatically and securely transmits flight data and incident alerts.
- The heart of the program, after having been validated and extensively used by the aircraft manufacturer, has now been transferred to another flight test vehicle to complete the flight testing and the data collection
- Received its approval from the General Authority of Civil Aviation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, an important step from a renowned regulation Authorities is the most recent validation granted to the Star Navigation system.
- Continuously monitors selected avionics systems on the aircraft from power-on to power-off, instantly analyzes the data, and transmits selected data and any incident alerts, via satellite to the operator.
- Acts as an early warning system, detecting the earliest signs of potential problems
- Performs these functions in "real-time" providing essential safety monitoring to the benefit of passengers, aircraft personnel, and ground crew
- Applications include: Commercial Airlines, Helicopters, Business Aircraft, Assist Search and Rescue by providing last transmitted location
- Future applications: Emergency Medical Services (airborne and ground vehicles), Land vehicles
Real-Time Telemedicine for Emergency Medical Evacuation by Air Transportation
- In concept, the STAR-ISMS® would, in real-time, gather, format and transmit the bio-medical data from a patient in transit to the ground medical dispatch center or directly to the hospital where critical treatment is intended, ensuring timely, continuous, immediate and coherent bio data sharing for vital decision making process.
- Idea has been formalized into a collaborative Research project, supported by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada and the MEDTEQ Consortium, called “Real-Time Telemedicine for Emergency Medical Evacuation by Air Transportation”.
- STAR developed a wide range of AMLCD flat panel display sizes, with LED Backlights, resolutions and orientations to meet a variety of demanding engineering and environmental challenges.
- STAR M.M.I.™ capabilities allow to provide customized answers to specific needs for retrofit of man-machine interface on existing fixed-wing or rotary aircraft, as well as military land vehicles. When there is a need to design, manufacture, test display or control units to be inserted in a legacy vehicle or when there is an obsolescence management problem requesting the replacement of old displays, STAR M.M.I.™ is ideally positioned to offer a competitive solution.
- STAR M.M.I.™ Displays and control units can be found on multiple platforms retrofitted worldwide such as the P3C, Mirage fighters, Hawk trainers, various helicopters (Puma , Lynx…) or simulators
- STAR has entered long term agreement (up to 2021) for repairs and maintenance support with customers such as Lockheed Martin
- Tactical displays
- Radar warning devices
- Navigational displays
- Maintenance, Mission & Instrumentation Systems
- Field communication systems
- Tactical portable computer display units
Satellite Flight Tracking:
- Real-time flight tracking of the aircraft with embedded independent GPS;
- Displays current latitude, longitude, speed, altitude and heading of the aircraft at customized time intervals;
- Geo-fencing and real-time alerts
Satellite Voice/Text Communication:
- Two-way reliable voice communication;
- Two-way text messaging between the aircraft and ground;
- Back-up emergency SOS/Distress communication platform
The system at a minimum provides real-time situational awareness along with
- Lat, Long coordinates
- Ground speed
- Tail number