TYHEE GOLD CORP

(PRESS PROFILE TAB FOR FACT SHEET & UPDATES)

Free

I went by the Tyhee booth at PDAC here in Toronto today and met with Dr Webb. Here are a few of the questions & answers we discussed:

1) When might we get the next drill results?

Answer: Tyhee is waiting for final confirmation of the results on about a dozen holes and expects to be able to provide a news release "in days". So its close. (apparently Dr Webb has seen some preliminary results, and based on his smile I'm encouraged!).

2) Any update on the submission of the Environmental Assessment?

Answer: Still expecting to submit in May, 2011.

3) Any comment on share price?

Answer: Dr Webb indicated that an additional 600,000 short sales of Tyhee has been added recently and this may be a factor in the price action that we're seeing. But no idea about exactly who is doing it or why. Might be related to the name change/DTC issue but that's a guess.

4) What about financing?

Answer: In anticipation of the need to raise $170 million for a mine, going forward Tyhee will start to focus more on the retail investor and seek to open discussion with brokers. Dr Webb emphasised that they are not currently seeking mine financing but are "making preparations" to do so.

Finally, we discussed the issue of more lateral surface exploration vs. drilling deeper. Dr webb commented that the cost differential of surface vs deep drilling was so great that it didn't make sense to spend limited resources proving deep deposits. Better to extend the surface drilling which adds resource more cost effectively. Also, given the geology of the area, where gold is found at surface it is pretty well expected that additional resource will be found at depth. The surface resource will be more than sufficient to keep Tyhee busy for the first decade or so, and they wouldn't get to the deep deposits for some time in any event - so it makes more sense to continue to expore at the surface with the limited resources and do the deeper, more expensive drilling, out of revenues from production later on.

I did take a picture of the booth but not sure how to post - if anyone wants to see it or can post it, please send me an e-mail and I'll send it along.

Hope this is helful.

Bill Roach

Toronto

New Message
Please login to post a reply