Emerging Graphene Technology Company

Hydrothermal Graphite Deposit Ammenable for Commercial Graphene Applications

Free

Hello all...

Below is Discerns post from SI...

Have a fantastic weekend!

Q*bert

Reflection on a yellow victory because it isn’t easy being green

The last six weeks have been a unique experience where I have gained friends, learned about some of the practices that exist in the corporate world and have had the tremendous privilege of being on a winning side.

Specifically, the last week hasn’t been easy. The core team of ZEN forward made hundreds if not thousands of phone calls. In the midst of this we work within a system that does not make campaigns like ours easy – read my earlier post.

There has been a lot of uncertainty with some great moments and some really stressful ones as well – but when the dust settled, we discovered how overwhelming the desire for a change of management really was. The final vote to bring change was in the neighbourhood of 24.7M Yellow and 19.8M Green. At the beginning of the campaign management and brokers started with a 15M head start. Therefore the average shareholders voted YELLOW at a ratio of 5 to 1. We won by a landslide.

Yesterday, I had the privilege to meet a number of posters and I can say that Zenyatta shareholders are a diverse group of people. We are pilots, engineers, doctors, bankers, lawyers, photo copy repairmen, barristas. . . basically representing many demographics and backgrounds.

Francis, Eric and I met for breakfast before the meeting. At breakfast I heard that the ZEN management had conceded the night before. I also heard about the fantastic meeting that they had the night before meeting the Constance Lake First Nation Chief and team. The First Nation Community has had the same powerpoint from ZEN at their last three annual meetings and they want to see progress. They indicated a willingness to help us get the support we need to move ZEN forward.

We then walked to the trade center, arrived at 8:15 and waited in the food court until the meeting started. It was an amazing experience meeting the team for the very first time especially when Phil (Mongo) showed up. About 14 people joined this spontaneous gathering of ZENnites.

About 15 minutes before the meeting our group walked to the board room where we individually signed in. Entering the board room the management and brokerage people were already assembled. The mood was stale and strained, but this is to be expected. People basically kept to themselves before the meeting except for the yellow shirted supporters. Many attended the meeting sporting yellow shirts, yellow ties or other pops of yellow.

The meeting began in a formal strained fashion. Mr. Morrison read mechanically from a prepared script that must have been right out of Roberts Rules of Order. The only confusion resulted from a 15 minute delay resulting from the extension in the voting deadlines. The scrutineers concluded that an accurate count would take much more time but they also concluded that ZEN FORWARD were the clear winners. We may never get the final accurate precise numbers but really - - I don’t care.

The motions eventually passed. Although inside I wanted to get up and dance, both parties showed respectful restraint. There were no cheers after the results, although there were some well deserved high fives immediately after the victory.

After a short recess, Francis gave a speech about the importance of the moment and the people who made it possible. He also said that the next goal is to take ZEN to $5B. A goal that few of us would mind.

The questions on the whole that were asked of Francis were fair although some had an edge to them. Who will be the CEO? Who will be chair of the board? What is the plan moving forward? Francis did a good job navigating these questions because some of the important details are unknown right now. All of the effort and energy has been invested into this victory and now these questions can be adequately addressed.

On a side note, I am not concerned that Francis and the board don’t have a clear picture about how Zenyatta will be managed (i.e interim CEO and executive director etc.) The team of people who worked to bring this victory have proven their courage, wisdom and hard work. They have accomplished more in three months than our previous management have accomplished in a year. A team that can bring a whole shareholder base together can manage a company.

Let’s be clear - the priority of the new board must first be to understand the reality of our company. They have to wrap their minds around the metallurgical report, status of NDA’s, status of research, current staffing and contracts, financial review etc. before the next hires and steps can be taken. I trust that the directors will accomplish much of this assessment in the next 30 days and provide an update to shareholders

The formal proceedings were done around 10:30am and for the next hour we hung out in the board room and enjoyed hanging out together. Two noteworthy events took place.

Former directors Sean Whiteford and Keith Morrison promised to our new board that they would help in the transition in any way. This was a very great gesture and I thank them for this.

Secondly the brokers who were there to support ZEN began descending on the new board offering their services with the hope that they could secure future work.

After the meandering from this event we ended up going out to REDS for champagne and lunch. The Constance Lake First Nation chief and two others dropped by to join us as we toasted a well-deserved victory for the promise of a new start.

During lunch I think the reality of what had just happened began sinking in. We began recounting some of the stories of the war to those who were more on the periphery. As we were enjoying the moment, the cracks of weariness began showing on our team as the effects of pulling 40 hour ZEN weeks on top of regular life, the stress of the battle and the fatigue of travel began emerging.

What could have been a raucous affair became relief as the team appreciated each other and the work accomplished for all shareholders.

ZEN is moving forward. Thank you to everyone who voted. Thank you for everyone who was part of the ZEN FORWARD team. I believe it now is time to tell your friends about the greatest investment secret – a company born out of revolution that will revolutionize the world through graphene production. This story will grow in momentum through the same energy, vision and teamwork that brought us here. Jump onboard now or you might find yourself left at the station . . .R
May 12, 2018 10:06PM
May 13, 2018 10:55AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply