...We Welcome You to the Zenith Epigenetics Hub withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Zenith's BET Inhibitor ZEN-3694 is Currently Being Evaluated in Multiple Oncology Clinical Trials

Free

NBB,

The trial has a April 2018 study completion date (see the trial description on ClinicalTrials.gov), but I don't think that necessarily means that they can't report any findings until then (since it is unblinded). Keep in mind that this is primarily a safety and tolerability trial. 

From the trial description there are two primary outcome measures:

1. For dose escalation only: Incidence of dose-limiting toxicities (DLT) [ Time Frame: Cycle 1 (Day 1 thru Day 28). A DLT is a treatment-related, clinically significant adverse event or laboratory abnormality occurring during the first cycle of treatment (Day 1 thru Day 28).
  2. For dose escalation and dose confirmation: Incidence of treatment-related adverse events (AE) and treatment-related serious adverse events (SAE) [ Time Frame: Up to 24 months ]

So they've completed primary outcome 1. How long do they have to go for primary outcome 2? Up to 24-months is rather vague. The longest patient on drug is now at around 12 months. Do they have to go another 12 months? Unclear to me.

Although they have completed the dose escalation portion and have identified the maximal tolerated dose, I believe that they are now in the dose confirmation stage (referred in the Zenith slides as recommended Phase 2 dose expansion cohort). How many patients and how long they want/need to go for the dose confirmation/expansion stage is unknown. If they decided on an everyday dosing, then I think that things could move faster since all patients were on everyday dosing during the dose escalation portion and were progressively moved to higher doses as the 3+3 dose escalation design proceeded.

But if they decided to move to intermittent dosing for recommended Phase 2 dose, then this might slow things down. They may or may not want patients previously on everyday dosing to proceed into the dose confirmation/expansion stage if they are choosing an intermittent dosing for recommended Phase 2. They might want drug naive patients for intermittent dose expansion/confirmation. Clarity from management on the chosen recommended Phase 2 dose would help here. Intermittent dosing was reported to be initiated in Feb 2017, so those patients receiving intermittent have only been on drug for up to 5 months (assuming that those patients previously on everyday dosing are not eligible to participate in intermittent dosing). 

A lot of unknowns and some much needed clarity would be appreciated if managment could provide an update soon.

BearDownAZ

Oct 24, 2017 11:18AM
Oct 25, 2017 09:02AM
Oct 26, 2017 10:24AM
Oct 26, 2017 12:13PM

Nov 02, 2017 03:38PM

Nov 02, 2017 04:29PM

Nov 03, 2017 10:49AM

Nov 03, 2017 10:58AM

Nov 03, 2017 12:07PM
Nov 03, 2017 03:45PM
Nov 03, 2017 04:23PM