Free

CES & Beyond

posted on Jan 10, 2005 09:47AM

Many thanks to Don and Frank for their reports.

Since I am usually in our booth or in meetings, I rarely try to figure out the EDIG maze of partners / ODMs / OEM brands. My past EDIG / CES enlightenments have been less that fruitful. I know enough about the tech used to be stupid. My world is all about the benefits provided by the tech. I just wait for the results.

The fact that the ``new`` EDIG did not hype this CES is a very good thing and, IMO, the sign of management with a better plan than in the past for a lot of reasons. CES is a trade event and only the brands that are introducing new consumer products or tech partners with new tools for the trade need to be blizting with PR. It simply does not help EDIG until the finished goods are ready to ship. The CE biz, and specifically CES, is full of vaporware -- products that are introduced but never make it to the consumer. Even then, the OEM brand would need a reason to include a vendor. Most brands simply want to market they made the finished product. How many consumers care if EDIG tech is used? Well, maybe a few of us Kool Aid drinkers, but not enough to move the pps. I just wait for the results.

Bottom Line? We KNOW EDIG`s patent pending security platform has been accepted by major US movie studios. We KNOW the PVP / pPVP category is heating up and will continue to grow as content is available and can be secured. We KNOW there were closed door meetings at CES. Results? IMO, we will NOT KNOW or be told anything of substance other than ``meetings went well``...and that`s still OK. I just wait for the results.

Oh, and BTW, think there`s an airline or two waiting to announce IFE test results? Based on Alaska Air and Ryan Air statements, what are EDIG`s chances for a positive outcome? I just wait for the results.

Food for thought...albeit mostly high fat with very little meat.

John

New Message
Please login to post a reply