Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp.

Combining Classic Mineral Exploration with State of the Art Technology

Free
Message: Re: A brief summary on how bad things are in mining...

Thanks for this post, VP. It is interesting to me to see how difficult it currently is to get financing.

My opinion, FWIW, is that at least part of it has to do with nobody being willing to touch something (investment-wise) that is out of favor with an administration that uses government agencies/departments as a weapon against any commercial or private activity that doesn't fit their worldview and agenda. Mining/drilling is seen as an obscene crime against the environment and must be limited or stopped in whatever ways it can be in the eyes of these people. We have seen this with the Pebble project and others in the last several years. It seems to me that many investors don't want to put money into this sector until after the 2016 election, and even then only depending on who wins. It is frustrating, but I also can't really blame them. Yes, I know there are other factors at work also, but this one has to be considered.

Hopefully some investors are lining up in spite of all of this given the HUGE potential that LBSR seems to have. I am optimistic that this is the case, and that we will learn of 1 or 2 deals in the very near future. Especially if NPSP closes soon, as I believe it likely will, I agree with your assessment in previous posts that this would allow for LBSR to self-finance other projects. I don't believe this would necessarily only mean projects outside of Hay Mountain, but specific drill locations on Hay Mountain. In other words, extra partners might not even be needed for all of Hay Mountain once this ball gets rolling. Exciting!

While things have dragged on longer than anyone would have preferred, progress has obviously been made. By the way, when I compare the information dissemination from LBSR to other pennies that I follow and have some very light investment in, LBSR is WAY ahead. That speaks volumes both to quality of management and to the actual progress that is being made, in my opinion.

Thanks,

Wesley

New Message
Please login to post a reply