Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp.

Combining Classic Mineral Exploration with State of the Art Technology

Free

From all the recent posts- the consensus is quite consistent and clear. A MODEST- as described by myself and later by WillyburgD-  RS might be appropriate at some future strategic moment to elevate the PPS- after and only after significant news has already organically and substantially raised the PPS. In sharp contrast, I believe everyone here shares the view that a huge- 500-1000:1 RS as an artificial attempt to pump up the price in the absence of news is doomed to failure and would simply leave everyone with that fraction of shares, each soon worth about what they are worth now- essentially destroying- rather than 'growing and improving shareholder value', as Brett Gross has stated his goal to be. Several, myself included, have stated that we shouldn't even be discussing the issue of an RS. But it is such a potential threat to shareholder value that it is hard to avoid. I believe JB was seen by many as a bulwark, committed to not persuing a RS and so was seen as as a protector of shareholders in this respect- (and in many other respects as well- needless to say). Some might even view his objection to an RS as one of the factors leading to his replacement at the helm, further increasing RS anxiety. And the references to a Shareholder Meeting can only increase concern- as one of the main purposes of such a meeting could be to vote on an RS, which would most likely automatically pass based on management's available shares.

That being said, Brett Gross' statement was strong and confident, evidencing a clear resolve and commitment to moving foreward and advancing LBSR's fortunes. But though it reflected confidence in the future, it is concerning that instead of stating he is committed to completing a deal and drilling as soon as possible, the plan is for " the team to work to develop a plan to improve the Company's cash position and achieve improvement in Shareholder value". Well, I would hope so. But this doesn't tell us much as to how nor where we are in that effort. I do hope, though, that he means it when he says he wants to improve shareholder value. If true, that would directly address our RS concerns. I sincerely hope that he shares our view, in this regard.

As always, specifics as to where we really are, are hard to come by due to SEC rules. But hopefully, there is ongoing activity behind the scenes leading to a drilling deal. At least it seems clear the team is committed to moving forward and not dissolving the company, as some have feared. I think we can at least feel confident in that. We have become used to hearing big plans from JB, which, although they have led to Hay Mountain being brought to the point of being ready for drilling, along with the acquisition of the new claims- both great acheivements- to JB's credit- we've never quite "gotten there". I would like to hear more from BG that we are definitely aiming to "get there" as soon as possible. (If not clear- "there" is DRILLING)

New Message
Please login to post a reply