Welcome To The Northern Freegold Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Free

Dawson Gold Corp

posted on Mar 30, 2010 12:21AM

The newly created Dawson Gold Corp, spun out of Uldaman, that is optioning the Tad/Toro property from Northern Freegold, has Bill Harris as a director:

http://dawsongold.com/dev/properties/tadtoro

One thing I don't understand is why the company was so proud of staking new properties around Tad/Toro in August, and then just spun them off into an option agreement in October before they even had much of a chance to explore them. Does this amount to Northern Freegold doing work for Dawson Gold Corp for free?

It seems to me that 100% interest is a little generous... the industry standard would be earning in to the first 70%, and buying the last 30% for around $5 million if there proved to be an economical deposit.

0851045 BC Ltd. has agreed to complete a total of $3,000,000 in exploration expenditures, pay NFR a total of $125,211 cash and issue 3,000,000 common shares to be released over 4 years. Recently NFR earned a 100% interest in the Tad/Toro portion through payments totaling $50,000 and issuance of 300,000 shares (with an underlying 3% net smelter return royalty (NSR)); and a 100% interest in the Nit portion of the property through issuance of 100,000 shares with an underlying 1% NSR. NFR may purchase the first 1% of the underlying 3% NSR on the Tad/Toro portion for $500,000. 0851045 BC Ltd. may purchase this 1% NSR if NFR chooses not do so, and may also purchase an additional 1% of the 3% NSR for $1,000,000. All terms and conditions agreed by 0851045BC Ltd. will be assumed by Uldaman.

I'm not sure how upset to be about this one... first of all, Tad/Toro doesn't have that much to show, yet. Second of all, this new company seems incredibly undercapitalized. But given the fact that they are selling shares at 6 cents, 3,000,000 shares is not much (only $180,000) of a payment, either. What do we actually get out of this? Nothing but an NSR we will have to buy back somewhere down the road. I notice that the option agreement notice doesn't mention dates when the option to earn into the property expire, either.

New Message
Please login to post a reply