Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free

The Quantec results were rumoured to be released this week, however, it may be delayed another week as SLI wants to return all the PP money to the PP participants, so that the PP participants have a chance to buy in at current prices prior to the news release. As you can appreciate, cheques have to be mailed out and/or funds have to be wired to the PP participants. However, that's just speculation on my part. Also, the pending Quantec NR will be text only. Graphics will follow several weeks later.

The permit was originally submitted under the existing Peruvian regulations at that time. Between the time the permit was submitted and now, Peru changed their regulations, and apparently their new mining regulations use the Canadian system as a model. Since SLI's application was caught in the middle of a regulations change, they were asked to resubmit the permit application so that it conforms to the new regulations. Naturally this added time to the process. And I'm sure those tailings spills from other companies' mining operations were a factor on the whole re-regulation process. As someone posted the other day, Rio Alto's recent permit took 10 months to be approved......patience will be rewarded!

That's what I know from talking to SLI mgmt.

JSS

New Message
Please login to post a reply