Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free

I got a call today from a fellow that I deal with at ATB. He showed me an e-mail that he had gotten from head of his department.

Over the past several months, a junior venture issuer called St Elias Mines ("SLI") has been aggressively promoted in Alberta, either by the company itself, its shareholders or stock promoters, As a result of this promotion, which has included internet chat rooms and random mail-outs to Albertans of a glossy flyer called the "Mining Stock Report" - which presents as a brokerage-style research department publication but is in fact just a paid promotion - ATBSI has seen a significant number of clients purchasing or attempting to purchase SLI stock with little or no previous experience in equities.

In some cases (I.E. an 80+ year senior who advised her FA that "A friend" recommended the stock" these orders have been rejected; in other cases (I.E. a client who had not been in contact for 4 years) the unsolicited orders have been grudgingly accepted by the FA on the grounds of suitability/reasonability, despite being well outside of our value proposition.

Following significant research and communications with several colleagues at other IIROC member firms, ATBSI has concerns with compliance culture of this venture issuer. In addition to being unable to find a legitimate research department that covers this company, we have reservations about the corporate officers, directors and related parties and past regulatory concerns.

Although equity trading is not our forte at ATBSI, we have always taken the approach that w will still facilitate the occasional client speculative purchase of an individual stock if it is a suitable purchase and within risk tolerance levels.

Due to the reasons and concerns listed above however, we are exercising our right to refuse any order and effective immediately, ATBSA will reject any further attempts to purchase shares of St. Elias Mines.

If you have a client who wishes to purchase fo the first time, or add to an existing position, they must be referred to our equity trading discount partner, Qtrade, or any other alternate platform to execute their unsolicited purchase. Sell orders for existing positions may continue to be processed through the ATBSI trade desk.

Please contact Compliance if you have any questions or concerns about this directive.

I am wondering if anyone else has heard from their financial advisor about this.

Walkerboss

New Message
Please login to post a reply