Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Have a great Sunday, especially those of you like me that are celebrating Orthodox Easter ... As well as those of you who are also like me and mourning another Maple Leafs Game 7 exit ... Ugggh!

Sincerely,

George et al

Wow, I am very sorry to hear your words Sculp. I have been a holder of SLI for a long time but just a short time reader/poster. During that short time I have enjoyed all of your posts wether I totally agreed, partially agreed or totally disagreed. That to me is the normal reaction to these types of boards. If we all agree all the time what's the point? You have given an extraordinary amount of time and thought to all of us SLIers. And it is appreciated. I hope you reconsider and continue to be with us, literally and figuratively.

I was with a startup company back in the eighties, pre dot com. We took our little tech company public on the Vancouver exchange. We went from worth practically nothing to the unimaginable valuation of @$300 million dollars(and then back to zero) in what seemed an instant. The company name was Network Technologies, based in Ann Arbor, MI. If you think what has been or is being perceived as rancor/mob rule/angry discourse on this board as problematic, you should have been around Neti back in those days! I find it perfectly natural and even healthy for emotions to run high. I see it as a sign of total involvement. We all have something on the line. This board, thanks to good leadership and solid rules, has managed to keep the discourse civil beyond belief compared to other stock boards. I think it is critically important to encourage dissent and an open atmosphere of idea and thought presentation. The leaders have accomplished this with relatively little rancor, no small accomplishment.

I am saddened by Sculp's decision and hope he reconsiders. If you are a leader you will take some hits. Goes with the territory. Usually they are not at all personal. Just a different opinion. I am sure we all want the same thing, success for SLI and all shareholders. We may have disagreements with management and each other from time to time. I think that is good, shows we are all thinking.

I wish I could make it to the annual meeting and meet the people who have worked so hard in the interests of us all. Cheers to you all!

New Message
Please login to post a reply