Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Sincerely,

George et al

GOOD Morning, I have, in a crude way, attempted to explain that developing a mine in the hinterlands of Mexico is NOT the same as one in the outskirts of Montreal. You just cannot pick up a telephone and have your needs delivered that afternoon. Many times it means improvising the answer out of probably non existent materiels.

For one, many of the roads are almost impassable in the rainy season. I can guarentee that Jim is not enjoying himself the at the monent, except for beating the challenge..

Beyond the lack of comfort, He is under heavy mental pressure, both personal and company wise, to get things rollng. It takes an exceptional man dedicated to his work to do this instead of just saying "K guys , let me know when the airconditioned building is ready and my favorite food is stocked up" .

I am frankly surprised that Jim isn't OIRISH and actually is accomplishing miracles in spite of this Heriditary handicap.

I must also take my sombrero off to the permanent Yank --- eerr, Canadian crew down there, we are fortunate to have a good dedicated company.

A final note, that area is regulary hit by the hurricanes, one of which is soaking the mine right now, prob washing out the roads etc.. I personally have had to sit in my truck for three days until the road was cleared out.

In fact where I am right now in Alamos, we had a 7 ft wall of water come right by my home. It took out the street paving and a no. of homes. No one knows how many people are still missng. a litte girl and her parents were found buried in the sand during the clean up just 25 meters from where I sit right now.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee290/Tayopa/PictureAlamosflood057-1.jpg

Soo while we do not have blizzards, we do have our own little problems with weather, some of which Jim is facing right now.

Incidentally you cannot just lay a metalic tool down in the sun or you risk a burn when You reach or it the next time. Yes I know about sub zero temp on the same tools also heheh.

Don Jose de La Mancha

P.s. I will / would do busines with Jim on a simple hand shake, there aren't many that I would do that with, that of course includes Richard Nemsis.

New Message
Please login to post a reply