HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Re: Moosonee railway extension - Timmins Kidd smelter.

I know first hand that the Kidd Creek smelter is gone... torn down...Xstrata move the refining of zinc and copper to Quebec. Public was told cheaper Hydro rates in Quebec.

The only Plant left at the Kidd Creek site is the Concentrator.

The idea of this being a good place to do it is because they do have the trained workforce, they do have the support of the City, They do have natural gas, rail, and abundance of water for processing.

The copper and zinc smelter was aged. Upgrades made over the years but not modern enough for todays processing of ore. imo

Kidd Creeks mine life just keeps being extended. I now here they are testing robotic mining at deeper levels. Way to cool.

I see no reason why a new nickel or chromite smelter couldn't be built on that property. The tailings ponds are already in place and have been for forty years. 100 more years no problem. Well lets hope so anyway.

Additional note that most nickel from the Kidd mine was being shipped as a concentrate to Sudbury for further refinement.

GLTA merjr

Feb 27, 2015 10:03AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply