Massive Black Horse Chromite Discovery

Black Horse deposit has an Inferred Resource Now 85.9 Million Tonnes @ 34.5%

Free

...that the Cliffs CEO is talking rail, not road. To me it is admitting plainly, that the whole court battle with KWG about the easement, has been exactly what has been suggested many excellent posters on this forum, nothing more than a plot to bankrupt KWG to buy their assets cheap. Cliffs always knew, that the only viable transport sollution in the long run would be a railroad.

From the interview: Mr. Goncalves took over as company CEO in August. He said he would have never invested in the Ring of Fire had he been in charge at the time.

“I did not buy that area and I would have never done that in the first place. But someone that was at Cliffs before me did,” he said. “The acquisition was made based on the belief that a connection, a railroad would be built between the Ring of Fire and the south. That railroad never materialized. And at this point in time there is no hope that it will materialize… So without infrastructure there is nothing we can do over there.”

To me the sad truth is, that Cliffs has come close to succeding, and I for one am glad that their stalling tactics backfired upon them.

Regards DRA

New Message
Please login to post a reply