HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Market Manipulation? Or Getting in cheaper?

posted on Jan 09, 2008 06:48PM
This is a piece from the financial post on Nov 2,07 The link is
Accessed From the noront website.
I have been thinking about this scenario for a while and was do some DD tonight and found this.
"There is another option for mining companies looking to spend cash but without the stomach for acquisitions - make strategic investments that scare prospective buyers away. Then, buy the whole company. "
"There have been a number of deals like this recently, most notably Rio Tinto's investment in Mr. Friedland's Ivanhoe Mines Ltd., and Teck Cominco raising its stake in Fording Canadian Coal Trust to 20%. "
My question is this:
1. Could we have a larger mining company or More than one using Canacrap, TD and/or other Broker houses to push the SP down to TRY to scare away the Investors and Prospective buyers away?
"Of course, the companies that have expressed interest in Noront - Xstrata, CVRD, for example - are precisely the ones most willing to throw their cash around. "

"Financial Post"
[email protected]

© Financial Post 2007
Thanks all for keeping me LONG & STRONG on NOT (even during the difficult times!!)
A NOT LONG Since Dec 2006
Trevor
New Message
Please login to post a reply