HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

From a pure business point of view this cost cutting approach would make sense. IF all the reserves remaining on those remaining deposits are of the low grade variety with no expectation of turning a respectable profit (ROI) then not much sense in mining the deposit. It makes absolute sense for the majors to continue to aquire assets that add to their values, but I am sure they would want these assets to be confirmed before committing any dollars to them. What I like about the comments your received is the fact that ALL the majors are looking for high grade assets that only benefits us as it creates an environment that could lead to a bidding war. The would be the perfect set up for us. Once we establish our deposit which is growing each and every day then managment can get down to business. Noront have no intention of developing the deposit and they are talking to majors. Sounds pretty good to me.

interesting information sent to me

Posted by: QQ_Girl on March 28, 2008 09:04PM

just thought I would share with the board some information that I received earlier today - it is relevant to NOT and I would love to hear feedback from others on what they think of it and how this info could be very important for NOT

I just got off the phone with some old buddys that work in sudbury for a major company. These guys are in high level meetings about cutting costs at all the different locations they have. The consensus is concluding that ALL low grade high cost operations will be mothballed and only higher grade and, better yet for us, that they will be looking to aquire more higher grade lower continued cost properties. High setup will be overlooked in exchange for locations with low recovery costs. To back this I called someone I know from a major gold mining company and got almost the same identical response.

QQ

Mar 29, 2008 12:02PM
pw
Mar 29, 2008 02:02PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply