HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Email I'd like to share

posted on Sep 04, 2008 12:27PM

A while back I posted some questions on here. It seems traderguy123 took the liberty to forward those questions to management. They have since responded as follows:

Subject:
Email from Noront
« prev | next »

Hi,

I hope you don't mind but I emailed Noront your excellent questions you posted on the board on Aug 20th. Here is the response. Thoughts? Feel free to post on the board if you want of course. Explains some of the delays and seems to hint at good results. Here it is:

Good Afternoon,

We have been waiting on the following:

1) May 27 news release talked about visual copper & nickel over 24 meters in hole 40.....assays pending

There are several holes with assays pending, we announce assays once the entire hole sample series has been received, and checked for QA/QC, and if there is Cr assays greater than a certain threshold there is much additional assay work that gets completed. Noront has recently decided to release sets of holes for individual targets, as we have been criticized by many that our press releases are much too complicated. This entails waiting for about 5 or 6 complete sets of holes for each target drilled.

2) June 26 news release talked about visual gold at windfall.....assays pending

The Windfall project is an underground exploration project, where we have a series of target areas that we are heading towards via a decline. While tunneling towards the destination targets we encountered what most people would refer to as visual gold in a shear structure. The visuals as we explained in the press release were quite impressive, however the extent of the visual mineralization may be limited. These would involve a detail sampling program once the area is investigated further by a series of blast rounds along the shear structure. Once this exploration drift in the zone is completed, the zone will get mapped and sampled in detail to ascertain the continuity of the mineralization. Individual assays for selected grab samples when gold is quite visible are not normally reported as they are not considered to be representative of the mineralized structure. We would expect the assays for the samples that we posted on the website to be in the 10’s of ounces per ton, however as stated these assays would not be included in a representative sample interval for the encountered mineralized zone. The results that will eventually be released on the F17 zone will be representative assay results that may include a reference to the several occurrences of visible gold in this zone.

3) July 17 news release talked about first two holes at AT-12

As stated above on question 1, the samples selected from anomaly AT-12 announced in mid July are in the lab and will be reported upon in a timely manner, as will all other assay results.

We are now almost 3 months after 1), 2 months after 2) and 1 month after 3).

I thought we were sending our assays to a new lab which would have quick turn around. Can the company make any comment on the delays?

We are sending assays to Actlabs facility in Thunderbay Ontario for sample preparation and preliminary assay work. They provide us with initial assays within an acceptable time frame. The preliminary assays typically get overlimits on certain elements that require that we resubmit them for additional “next level” assay, these are done at the same lab in Ancaster Ontario, the pulps are shipped by bonded carrier between the two labs. This would cause a further delay in receiving final assays for each batch. Each hole needs to receive all assays prior to it being released and each hole may have 5 or 6 batches of samples.. Once we see all of the assay certificates for an individual hole we need to wait for QA/QC results to come back from an independent reviewer. Then once we get the QA/QC confirmation we can enter the data into our sample log record and release the results. Like stated above Noront is reformatting how it releases sets of results in an effort to make our press releases easier to read.

I hope this helps you to answer the questions that you had.

Sep 04, 2008 12:42PM
Sep 04, 2008 04:35PM
Sep 04, 2008 05:08PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply