Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Apr 28, 2018 09:22AM

I believe that POET put additional effort into explaining what the dielectric platform is so that shareholders can gain an appreciation of how disruptive it is. I think the platform sells itself and they intend to capitalize on this with many partnerships. There is no reason for me to believe that they would not be successful at most if not all of their stated goals and I fully expect there will be many opportunities presented as this platform as stated checks all of the boxes for rapid growth.

I think many people here have become numb to the size of the market that POET expects to address.

POET’s Optical Interposer provides the following advantages compared to conventional optical modules:

 Wafer-level integration into silicon

 Waveguides formed and integrated with embedded passive optical components (SSC, muxdemux,

filters, waveguides) at chip level

 Ultra-low loss waveguide dielectric with high coupling efficiency

 Pick and place assembly and passive alignment of components

 Elimination of lenses and active alignment

 Athermal waveguide dielectric allows multi-channel scalability

 Wafer-level hermetic sealing, testing and burn-in of active components to produce known good

die

 Small form factor and platform architecture readily scalable

 High frequency metal traces managed in the dielectric platform

 Fully compatible with conventional CMOS processing allowing integration with complex

electronics at chip or module level

Apr 28, 2018 01:40PM
Apr 28, 2018 01:47PM
Apr 28, 2018 04:01PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply