Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

POET is like a very much like a child to many of us.  Nothing is good enough for our children.  POET is likely (hopefully) negotiating with a very sophisticated company, and it is anticipated that said company is going to put in quite a bit of money and time into the deal.  We are not going to roll over them in negotiations. 

I'm looking for a fair deal, nothing more, and frankly, due to my lack of tech knowledge, I'll have only a vague sense if we got one.  If the stock rallies like we all hope, then I'm going to probably like the deal, irrespective of what I might think otherwise.  I do anticipate some conditions that will need to be satisfied prior to the closing of the deal.  Some may have to do with the qualification and acceptance by potential customers of the IO, or even actual orders therefor.  An positive update on the status of qualification would be a wonderful addition to the news about the deal!

Beyond the above, I have seen this type of anticipation for a "deal" before with many companies over many years, and often I see negative reaction within the first 24-48 hours on message boards.  Some, of course, are protecting a short position or otherwise disingenuous, but we don't have much of a problem with either on this board.

Bottom line, I hope the news is great and is very well received by posters and boosts our stock to reflect that we're finally in the home stretch to commercialization.  It was a very nice day today!

New Message
Please login to post a reply