...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: Re: Lilly to Discontinue Development of Evacetrapib

I think Tundup's post clearly illustrates how the market values potential HDL therapies. On a day when biotechs and pharma are relatively flat (XHS, IHE, MRK and PFE all flattish) yet Lilly is down 7.7 % says a lot. Certainly RVX should have a much deeper discounted value to success than Lilly's Evacetrapib program because RVX-208 is really all RVX has vs Lilly being a going concern and Evacetrapib failure really more of a big disappointment than a disaster (ie if RVX abandoned the RVX-208 program it would pretty much go to zero). That being said I think RVX is not fairly valued inspite of the fact that I agree with most of the points raised in San Fran's last post. The program valuation chart in a few of Don's further illustrates this and supports that RVX is deeply discounted. As Tundup alludes to, I think much of RVX's huge (IMO) discount is due to the lack of coverage by top tier analysts as well as a NASDAQ listing, many of us have said this before. It is really disheartening as an RVX shareholder to see Evacetrapib's failure being discussed on Bloomberg and in Fierce Biotech with the discussion being in part framed as an opportunity for PCSK9 therapies while at the same time not hearing a whisper about RVX. To me this clearly illustrates that thus far RVX management has failed miserably at getting the RVX story in front of the investing public at large. If the story was better communicated there would be many investors viewing Lilly's failure and Nissen's comments as RVX's heightened opportunity. IMO at RVX the science has always been very strong and is clearly getting stronger and the business has been markedly stepped up as of late but I think the PR/communication is still very much Little League. I think there are literally thousands of Biotech investors who would love to get a piece of RVX if they only knew of it's exitence. I hope the coming weeks/months bring the kind of coverage that Don spoke of at the AGM, the kind of PR support that the science deserves. All IMO

New Message
Please login to post a reply