...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

I have 2 brokerage accounts.  With one I have 2 accounts, an open/margin account and an RSP account.  So far I have only received a package for the shares in my RSP account, but not for the shares in my open/margin account.  

I have another brokerage account that also has 2 accounts, both a TFSA account and an RSP account.  This second brokerage has not sent me anything yet.

I'm wondering though, with the brokerage attached to my bank....they're the ones I received the proxy voting form from, again its only for the shares in my RSP account with them, nothing for the shares in my open/margin account.

I'm wondering if the shares in my open/margin account...if they were loaned out as of the July 27th record date. Up to July 31st there were still about 840,000 shares that had been borrowed and dumped back into the market.  

On July 27 there were about 177.2 million shares outstanding.  So obviously in a shareholder vote....that's the number of votes that can be cast.  Not 178 million to allow for 800 odd thousand shares that have been loaned out....one person has the shares and the cert # attached to them, while the other has what amounts to an IOU.

Maybe I won't be able to vote the shares I have in my open account for this reason?  I'm assuming I'll still get something from my other broker for the RSP and TFSA accounts I have with them....I hold RVX (and warrants) in all 4 accounts.

New Message
Please login to post a reply