TYHEE GOLD CORP

(PRESS PROFILE TAB FOR FACT SHEET & UPDATES)

Free
Message: Re: Greg Taylor answers question about privatization of TDC

Baires: That's correct, the price of gold has been the main factor influencing developments at the Discovery (Ormsby/Bruce Channel/Nicholas Lake) site.

During the mid-1990s the pog remained largely static at about $350-$400/oz, which even a that low price spurred about 11 kilometers of drilling in the Discovery area at that time, but by 2000 the price of gold was so depressed there was little incentive to develop any further resource, despite the enormous potential found on site. As we know, this was when Dave Webb got involved and established Tyhee and the Yellowknife Gold Project.

As the Tyhee website shows, there is considerable potential below the 1240 level which was reached by the Discovery Mine - i.e., at least to the 1500 level. However, Tyhee has not even tapped this potential yet at the deeper levels. Drilling by Tyhee in the same zone area has been relatively shallow, extending to only 350-500 meters, while two drill holes extended deeper than those levels has found continued mineralization at economic levels, similar to the Discovery Mine.

Below is the quote from the Fact Sheet on the Tyhee website about the potential of the Discovery geographic area. (Sorry I am not able to reduce the size).

http://www.tyhee.com/documents/TDCFactSheetDecember292011Final.pdf

Gold mineralization around the Yellowknife Project typically extends to a depth in excess of 1,500 m. For example, the

left panel shows the Con Mine in section – located in Yellowknife – which has gold mineralisation extending from

surface to 1,800 m depth. The central panel shows the Discovery Mine in longitudinal section – located adjacent to

Tyhee’s Bruce Lake Zone – which has mineralization extending from surface to 1,240 m depth. The two right panels

show Tyhee’s Ormsby Zone and Nicholas Lake Main Zone open below 500 m and 350 m respectively. Two deep drill

holes below these levels confirm mineralization.

New Message
Please login to post a reply