Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Sincerely,

George et al

Message: Re: Pacer: e.DIGITAL v.Apple - they have settled their respective claims !!! (2)
Dec 19, 2013 01:37PM
Dec 19, 2013 04:01PM

Other settlement agreements have referred to future payments to be made to Edig and the date on which the money is due. No such reference in today's settlements. IMO there is no such thing as an iron clad case when you are at the mercy of a judge or jury. This could have nothing to do with being fully compensated or maybe it does. This could be a tactical move to gain leverage on the remaining defendants. I also had the thought that it would be sticky to be suing your new partner. IF,(big if) Apple in fact does feel they have too much at risk and have decided that because the patents have been infringed upon by themselves and many others they perhaps, I hope, could be joining forces with us to get better settlement monies from all the others. I do agree that this is an occurrance that deserves a PR from the company. Handal cannot lay out their whole legal strategy to the remaining defendants, but the company should make as clear a statement as they can--all IMO.

PS--the volume and share price movement says that this is neither fantastic or horrible.

Dec 21, 2013 10:17AM
Dec 21, 2013 10:25AM
Dec 21, 2013 12:36PM
Dec 21, 2013 01:28PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply