Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Sincerely,

George et al

Message: Re: Pacer: e.DIGITAL v.Apple - they have settled their respective claims !!! (2)
Dec 19, 2013 01:37PM
Dec 19, 2013 04:01PM

I can't think of a reason that this pacer notice of settlement with Apple could possibly be interpreted as bad news.

Simply from my point of view, it's because there isn't any other evidence to back it up.

Apple isn't afraid of EDIG or its patents. As Giants posted, they have no reason to settle on terms that aren't favorable to them. Paying EDIG millions without first going to court and also dragging out the litigation every way they can wouldn't be favorable to them. Apple has no problem spending millions in legal fees just to prove they are not to be messed with by patent trolls... which is what we are to them.

Whatever settlement was reached is likely to be very small (a "walk-away" settlement) in the absense of some other factor or agreement that the company has yet to disclose. Another small settlement would represent the status quo and it's on that basis that I must interpret this as bad news.

If on the other hand there is some agreement that (greatly) benefits us, then that agreement should already be signed, yes? Ergo the company has to inform us about it. Perhaps not today, but very very soon. And if they do and it turns out to be the game changer that we all hope for, then great! But the evidence just isn't there right now.

Good to hear from you.

- Sinkman

Dec 21, 2013 10:17AM
Dec 21, 2013 10:25AM
Dec 21, 2013 12:36PM
Dec 21, 2013 01:28PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply