- Wollastonite has already many well-known benefits in agriculture
- Testing in a controlled way for the use in the cannabis industry.
- Possibly the first in the industry to do trials.
- Engaged AGRINOVA for Wollastonite Research and Development and
- Testing of Vertical's St-Onge wollastonite on a range of important agricultural end uses will also be conducted
- Became a member of the International Fertilizer Industry Association (IFA), as part of its ongoing efforts to promote and strategically market it's world-class St-Onge wollastonite to a range of potential end-users.
Major Demand in Ceramics Industry:
- Combination of high brightness and low gas release of Wollastonite when heated creates demand
- Brilliant whiteness of importance to coatings and filler markets
Wollasatonite applications are endless
- An industrial mineral comprised chemically of calcium, silicon and oxygen. Its molecular formula is CaSiO3 and its theoretical composition consists of 48.28% CaO and 51.72% SiO2.
- Drilling Completed March 2019
- Twenty-three (23) drill holes totaling 1,784.0 metres were completed in less than two weeks of drilling (see Figure 1 & Table 1).
- Twenty (20) drill holes intersected high-grade wollastonite zones, confirming excellent continuity and correlation with the thickly mineralized zones intersected by previously reported historical drill holes.
- Sixteen (16) drill holes intersected high-grade wollastonite zones right up until the end of the hole, which are all open at depth.
- A total of 1,107.5 meters of high-grade wollastonite mineralized core length was intersected, representing approximately 62% of all drilled core length.
Wollastonite is an industrial commodity, and is the only naturally non-metallic, white acicular mineral. Because of its unique cleavage properties, wollastonite breaks down during crushing and grinding into needle shaped particles of varying acicularity. This particular morphology imparts high-strength and is of considerable importance in many markets and applications ranging from plastics and ceramic tile to vehicle brake pads, thermal insulation board, paints, protective industrial coating and agriculture. It is alos used as a replacement for short-fiber milled fiberglass and short-fiber asbestos. The combination of high brightness and low gas releases when heated creates major demand in the ceramic industry, and the brilliant whiteness is of major importance to its use in the coatings of the industry and filler markets.