Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Jan 07, 2009 12:09PM

Jan 08, 2009 11:48AM

Hi Lynn

Could be he's no expert but maybe you with your contacts in politics could have a feeling that something is changing in policy .We have the fact now that many investement are on hold or cancelled.As I read some comments here from other Canadians I had the impression that poilitics is changing to other views regarding oil sands industry.With another president in office which will probably seek closer contacts to the Kyotto norm .

So probably he will shift economy to more enviriomental friendly technics.If other technics could be implemented that could bring another type of economy coming up,and that wouldn't be no bad idea.The way we are using energy is not the most efiicient way .Look to what Russia is doing here.They closed their supply to Oekrane but in the meantime other Balkan states and parts of Europe facing problems now with lower pressure .So as long countries are reliable on other energy delivering countries these countries have the power and control .The recent spike in oil was also an example how oil counyries can control the price and this makes inflation.So if countries will defend themselves to such behavior they will have to found other ways for creating other forms of energy if they don't have oil or gas.

Since we are in a crisis right now things could change more rapidly then we are thinking.

But for CLL I think it will survive cause they've got the approval and there technic is far better then stripping.Most danger is how fast the bitumen price will go to a price they will be profitable.

I also have no clue about the bitumen price Jurek was writing.Don't understand that quite well.Was there such a big differance in price some time ago?Is current price more in favor for pod 1 now?

New Message
Please login to post a reply