Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Jan 07, 2009 12:09PM

Jan 08, 2009 11:48AM

From a logistical point of view, this world is not going to be able to significantly reduce its dependence on oil for many years. Such is measured in terms of decades, not years. The burgeoning growth in the developing nations, will exacerbate the problem over the next decade or two beyond the ability for technology and alternatives to overcome this trend. The story for oil remains intact.

Hi Brian

I don't disagree with you on the long time oil view.But for us as shareholders in CLL we need a price higher then current otherwise if they must hold on with lower production and Algar I think they are in trouble .Can they afford to hold on for 1 year?

On the use of SAGD and the rest of building their plants I think they've done a good job but no one and also DG hasn't expect to see oil at 40 again.

Just got a mail of a friend and he's thinking about " an inflationary depression " situation coming .I still think being in oil companies we are best placed and maybe also retailers such as Food Lion ,Wall mart etc.Food and energy we always need.

Only problem with CLL is they have a lot of debt to repay and they have just starting production compared to for example Exxon which is a giant company paying good divd. and lots of cash.

New Message
Please login to post a reply