Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
PDP

jpm
Mar 25, 2010 03:44PM

Mar 25, 2010 03:51PM

Brian

I calculate your gas price for 2.85 us $ t liter.That 0.7529 us $ /l or 0.563 € /liter.That's real cheap in terms up here compared to average 1.35 € per/l.

Most of this price is tax money.Take also a taxation around 40 % on a bruto wage ,the driving tax ,housing tax ,21 % on new car tax ,tax on houses and property etc..I'm just wondering why you said the us is mongst the highest tax state,

On the other hand we pay netto around 6 € for a doctor visit no matter where you go ,a dentist is also not much ,having an operation in hospital the netto payment for standard operations is also not much .Sometimes we say also if we see the netto on our loan compared to the bruto it's a damn shame but at the other hand if you need something it's low cost.

What I like on writings about here is that Americans and also canadians talk with more nationalism then we here in Europe.That's the weakness of Europe.I think all americans feel at first place they are US citizins and as second they have feelings for their state .In Europe that's not the case and it will take long time before we feel that way.

I hope for my investment that Canada becomes more in front for their currency.Then we can both make money on CLL uptrend and Cad $ rise.I don't think right now we will face a downturn but we need to be carefull about what's happening on the economy.

I heard past week half of our plant will put on hold for 6 weeks.They will only produce on demand and they will sell their stocks .That's an approach many companies do last time.So if economic situation don't pick up what then,

If CLL takes again the risk of issueing another foinancial deal and times go wrong again I think we face trouble again.Let's hope we have some luck until ramp up is a fact for Algar until for some reason oil goes down again.The higher the price stays the better cash they receive .Taking a hedge at an appropriate time is a good thing.

Mar 28, 2010 03:59PM

Mar 28, 2010 10:46PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply