Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free
That seems to suggest that a buyout might not be in the works(?)
A buyout is always in the works since that's the companies objective.
Teck has a long term plan for Northern BC (stated by them at the show).
But if it's not Teck it will be someone else, why ?
Because it's a no brainer for Teck to take 75% for $340 million + financing.
What major wouldn't want 25% of a financed and permited mine in Canada with Teck as the operator, a port and a spot on the power line ??
$255 million comes back to Teck anyway and the whole $340 is part of the financing.
Out of the 3Billion capex, it's costing Teck 75% = $2.25 Billion
Remove the 340million they spend to get 75% and the capex is down to $1.9 Billion.
This is of course using CUU's costs (no improvements). Teck has better numbers. They can also be creative and use already paid for Highlland valley equipement.
I'd love to see the Teck capex on Schaft Creek.
My 1st choice is a buyout from Teck because why would a major bring a junior to production...Teck could easily buy the whole pie and turn around and sell pieces to Sumitomo, Mitsubishi, BHP etc... In this case it isin't costing Teck anything, they would actually make money.
But if they take 75% we'll have more than 1 major knocking at our door, fighting over the free ride.. In this case Teck can also sell 25% and keep 50%.
Teck is probably lining up the right now...
Remember the Sumitomo article, they want copper deposits in a safe country with Teck:
And remember how Sumitomo is linked to Keevil and the Teck voting shares:
New Message
Please login to post a reply