Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: POET Technologies Extends Warrants from 2018 Public Offering

Upnorthhawkeye,

I view the extension the same way.  I doubt they would have had such a short extension considering the disparity between the current price and the exercise price if they weren't actually anticipating putting out news that could make it happen. That would be a BS move.

I thought I would share some insights with the forum on something that should interest the people here. We are so reliant on our infrastructure and having reliable stress tested communications is at the top of that list. Ultimately if the internet and land based communications goes down the North American Power Grid backs up that loss with sat phones and runs exercises using only those satellite phones both internally within control area boundaries and externally to the control areas within the North American Grid.

In my job we did a lot of contingency planning to ensure the power system remained secure during high risk events. During the 2003 Toronto SARS event which was highly lethal at 17% mortality rate but was not wide spread plans were made in case the infection spread. One of our worst case scenarios was the effects on system viability if the virus became active in the NUC plants and not enough licensed staff remained available to operate the reactors. They would have to be placed into safe shutdown.

In our control center plans were developed to go into physical isolation with healthy staff. Cots and food were brought in. That plan included a set of system limits for a significant reduction in capacity required for secure operation of a skeleton system in the event that the NUCs were forced out of service. Ultimately plans were also made for a safe shut down of the power grid. That level of planning and the exercises they entailed ultimately came in handy a few months later when we suffer the NE blackout that summer. 

I thought I would share the following information with this forum. It really provides an insight as to how well prepare and accountable our electricity system is in North America. Much of what is presented can be applied to almost any industry in order to help prepare for significant and widespread events.

https://www.nerc.com/pa/rrm/bpsa/Alerts%20DL/NERC_Alert_R-2020-03-10-01_COVID-19_Pandemic_Contingency_Planning.pdf

New Message
Please login to post a reply