...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

I don't consider myself a trader, but likewise I'm not a traditional buy/hold/prosper type....at least not with highly speculative stocks like RVX. Dividend paying stocks like my retirement homes....olay, they're buy and hold.

When I buy a stock like RVX I typically look for a nice chart and an absence of news-hype-promotion...and thin volumes are actually a plus in my books, such was the case when I first jumped in here in January of 2014.

When I bought in all I really knew was that RVX was looking to develop treatments for diabetes and alzeheimers.....not a bad target given current population demographics. That's how I found RVX in point of fact, by googling for companies working on treatments for diabetes as my Dad suffered from that disease.

Now of course my fundamental knowledge has grown, thanks in large measure to the comments here and the links to associated sources.

Now...on top of liking the technical picture I'm also very bullish on the fundamentals....but still not 100% completely sold. Because this is a strictly speculative play....based on what the 'MAY' do and on the market 'POTENTIAL'. In terms of Dollar$ and Cent$ they still haven't done anything except sell stock.

Don't worry though, I get it. This is science and reseach and clinical trials are expensive....but there are no certainties.....someone could develop another drug, they could hit regulatory road blocks, and the upcoming trials may not pan out. The risks are substantial and they are real. Seeing guys like Dart and companies like Hepalink stepping up at $2.67 a share though does provide a level of comfort.

I operate somewhat on the assumption that all speculative stocks....I treat them all with a certain degree of skepticism, after all....spec companies like RVX aren't paying dividends and are not making any do, ré, mi....they're burning cash. There are thousands of similar stories out there, in biotech and every other space....mining, tech, you name it. All of them will tell you the reasons they're going to make it big....but most fail.

Will RVX be different? I don't know....but even if they don't make it to the finish line, my cynical nature on speculative stocks has me thinking at worst the PPS will be run up and offer me the potential to make some serious profits.

And if they prove to be the exception...as EQIX was many years back, then I expect to be very richly rewarded.

Anyway...that's my stream of conciousness done for the moment.

New Message
Please login to post a reply