Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: Re: Latest Ernst & Young - 29th Report of Monitor, Nov. 25, 2018

OK I'll have a go to answer your "musings":

1. JJ: Selling Citgo is a huge risk. There are many claims on this illiquid asset, timing and price are huge variables, it could take 10 years to get the cash. A settlement is likely our best option. I am sure Tenor want this over yesterday - they get nothing from delay (they get zero interest on the bulk of the award). I am sure Fung wants this done yesterday if only because he doesn't have many tomorrows to enjoy his pay off. If we go down the nuclear option (selling Citgo) you can be sure VZ will be even less amenable (cf. Argentina default). But you are right that it is an option (one that has been and may continue to be used to push the settlement along).

2. Easter: the debt interest is less than the ICSID interest so assuming VZ pay all the award + interest we are the beneficiaries of delay, no one else. (Provided of course we don't give up more % NAP). Tenor get interest on the DIP nothing else, their opportunity cost for the nearly $800m windfall is a huge incentive to get this done quickly - the risk to us is that they settle for less because of this.

3. Don: Now you tell us to sit it out. If we are not allowed to whine what else is left?

4. Brundoggie: "accurate numbers", seriously? Too much is redacted, too much is unkown. The 60% criminal code rate is not applicable as a court won't hear the argument. The $500m covers Tenor, bond holders, all interest, all fees, other debts and taxes. I think about $350m is needed to take us out of CCAA. The 3% MIP is just the part that comes out of the NAP before we get a look in. Management will get the bulk of their payment out of Tenor's share. Fung personally may end up with more than all shareholders combined.

5. Plezen: Not another (paranoid) conspiracy theorist? I'm sure various lawyers would use anything and everything, including this forum, to argue their case in court, so you have a point but using the forum as a negotiating tool for shareprice is a stretch. How would that work in a court?

Many of you signed up to Gowling and the opt in committee, why don't you try contacting them to find out what they think? They won't want to give anything away but they could at least tell you they have some plans to do something.

New Message
Please login to post a reply